Kevin C. Hudson
Director of College Admission & Advising The Wight Foundation, Inc.
1. Are you an Honor student?
2. Are you focused on attending college?
3. Do schools like Princeton, Harvard, MIT, TCNJ, Stanford, Vassar, CalTech, Williams and Yale seem out of your reach?
4. Do you wonder how you will be admitted to a college of your choice?
5. Do you wonder how you and your family will be able to afford college?
The Wight Foundation Education Fair provides an opportunity for students and families from urban Essex County and surrounding New Jersey communities and counties to learn about the college admission process for highly selective colleges and universities.
Admission and Financial Aid professionals will provide insight into the process and answer all of those questions you wanted to know about highly selective admissions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
1. Honor Students in the Classes of 2008, 2009, 2010.
2. Parents/Guardians of Honor Students in the Class of 2008, 2009, 2010.
3. All Class of 2008, 2009, 2010 Wight Foundation Scholars & Parents/Guardians.
4. Community College Honor Students.
5. Counselors, Mentors, Administrators of HS Honor Students.
The schedule and a brief sample listing of schools
Saturday, June 23, 2007 8:30 am ET - 3:00 pm ETNewark, NJ
8:30am - 9:30am
"Demystifying the College Application and Admission Process"
10:00am to 11:15am
"Understanding College Financial Aid"
11:30am to 12:45pm
1:00pm to 3:00pm
SAMPLE COLLEGES & UNIVERSITIES
University of Pennsylvania
University of Chicago
Bryn Mawr College
The College of New Jersey
and many more...
Essex County College (ECC)is located at 303 University Avenue in Newark, NJ. Participants should enter the Market Street/Martin Luther King Boulevard entrance for the event. NJ Transit provides multiple options to access ECC via bus or connections through the Newark Light Rail.
Contact: Kevin C. Hudson, Director of College Admission & Advising for The Wight Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org