The peer reviewed journal, Transformations:The Journal of Inclusive Scholarship and Pedagogy is seeking submissions.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR A SPECIAL ISSUE -TEACHING NATION
Guest Editor: Edward Ramsamy
The editors of Transformations seek articles (5,000 – 10,000 words), media reviews (books, film, video, performance, art, music, etc. – 3,000 to 5,000 words), and photo-essays that explore nation in a variety of pedagogical contexts and from all disciplinary and interdisciplinary perspectives.
Topics might include:
• Defining, defending, crossing national borders;
• Conceptualizing and contesting ideas of nation in the classroom;
• Courses on Im/migration and/or emigration;
• Pedagogical approaches to nation, identity, citizenship, and language;
• Globalization, economics and labor;
• Diaspora, transnationalism, exile;
• Nations, states, nation-states;
• Colonialism, post-colonialism and nation;
• Nation and communities;
• Nation, race-ethnicity, religion, class, gender, and sexuality;
• National conflict and cooperation;
• Nationalism, patriotism, xenophobia in the classroom;
• Articulating and representing cultural identities;
• Teaching indigeneity and sovereignty.
Deadline: June 30th, 2009
Transformations: The Journal of Inclusive Scholarship and Pedagogy is a peer-reviewed interdisciplinary forum for pedagogical scholarship exploring intersections of identities, power, and social justice.
The journal features a range of approaches — from theoretical articles to creative and experimental accounts of pedagogical innovations from teachers and scholars from all areas of education.
Send submissions or inquiries in MLA format (6th ed.) as attachments in MS Word or Rich Text format to: Jacqueline Ellis and Edvige Giunta, Editors, firstname.lastname@example.org.
send a hard copy to Transformations, New Jersey City University, Hepburn Hall Room 309, 2039 Kennedy Boulevard, Jersey City, NJ 07305. Author(s) name and contact information should be included on a SEPARATE page. For submission guidelines go to: www.njcu.edu/assoc/transformations.
Published semi-annually by New Jersey City University