A writing contest for persons over 18 was announced by the Inauguaral Committee
The deadline is January 8th at midnight.
Tell your senior high school students, collehge students and instructors to get out their pens!
See the rules below:
Official Rules and Restrictions
• Entries will be accepted from 12:01 a.m. EST on 12/30/2008 to 11:59 EST on 1/8/2009
. Only individuals 18 years or older who are U.S. citizens or U.S. resident aliens, and who voluntarily choose to enter, may enter the contest. Corporations (including non-profit corporations) are expressly prohibited from entering the contest.
• Your entry must be submitted electronically to:
and must include your name, mailing address, phone number, and email address.
• Winner shall be selected from all eligible entries by the strength of their essay about what the inauguration means to them before 1/15/2009.
• The winners shall be notified by email on or before 1/16/2009, and shall be required to complete an affidavit or declaration of eligibility and liability release. Failure to comply within 5 days after the date printed on the prize notification may result in disqualification of winning entry and random selection of another entrant as the winner. Presidential Inaugural Committee 2009 is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners.
• The winners shall receive travel to Washington DC, accommodations, and access to official inaugural events.
• No purchase necessary. Contributing to Presidential Inaugural Committee 2009 will not improve your chances of winning. You may enter the contest as many times as you like without a contribution by entering here: http://www.pic2009.org/page/s/tickettohistory.
• This contest is sponsored and run by Presidential Inaugural Committee 2009, headquartered at 330 C Street SW, Washington DC. A copy of these rules and the winner's names may be obtained by writing to Presidential Inaugural Committee 2009. Requests must be received by December 31, 2009.
• This contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
• Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of Presidential Inaugural Committee 2009, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of such persons, are not eligible to participate in this contest.
• By participating, entrants agree that Presidential Inaugural Committee 2009 and its agents and representatives are not responsible or liable for, and shall be released and held harmless from, any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in this contest, including winning this contest, including without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.